Wednesday, October 8, 2014
'Go Ye' Means You
J.A. Richards, speaking at our Missions Conference this past week, made a number of excellent points. One of them was the directive that Jesus gave to us following His resurrection; when He said “Ye shall be witnesses to me ‘both’ in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and in the uttermost parts of the world.”
Sometimes we excuse ourselves from world missions by salving our conscience with the fact that we are witnesses at home. However, Christ informs us that we need to be doing both, witnessing at home (Jerusalem) while at the same time reaching the world (uttermost parts of the world).
Every believer is to be involved in reaching the world for Christ. We must do it in our generation, in order to be able to reach the next generation. We are God’s ‘A’ plan and He does not have a ‘B’ plan. There are a number of reasons for that and we will share these with you this Sunday.
See you then!
at 8:28 AM
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
God’s Job Description for Today’s Believers!
Jude 1:19-25 – August 17, 2014AM
What does God expect from us as Christ’s return is drawing near? God never leaves us wondering what we ought to be doing or how we ought to live. Throughout scripture, as well as here in Jude, God gives us clear direction as to what He expects from us as we are busily serving Him until He returns for us in the rapture.
Warren Wiersbe tells us . . . “In attempting to minister to people, we must be careful and exercise discernment lest they do us more harm than we do good (Jude 22-23). Concerning the Pharisees, Jesus said to His disciples, ‘Let them alone’ (Matt. 15:14). God told the prophet Hosea, ‘Ephraim is joined to idols, let them alone’ (Hos. 4:17). And Paul told Timothy to withdraw himself from certain troublemakers (1 Tim. 6:2-5). Ask God for wisdom as you seek to help persons wandering from the faith,”
God promises to keep His Word & He certainly has the ability to care for us, but we must allow Him to be God within our lives, in order for us to receive His approval in our day by day living.
Join us this Sunday!
at 10:10 AM
Monday, September 16, 2013
Having a heart that is burdened for world evangelism is what God desires of every believer. The Bible states that because God loved the world He gave His only Son. Developing lives that invest in the world and taking the Gospel to the world is a vital ministry at Bethel. From the annual Faith Promise Missions Conference to the short-term mission trips by church members to help on mission fields, we are making investments that are impacting lives in world evangelism. Our desire is to support quality missionaries but also to send out those from our ministry who have been impacted and called by God.
Below is a list of missionaries supported by Bethel. We thank God for their willing and faithful hearts and urge everyone to pray for the work they are doing.
- Joel & Veronica Culberson - Awana missionaries serving in Kansas and Missouri. www.awanaksmo.org
- Howard & Marcia Davidson - serving in Scotland
- Geoff & Michelle Freeman - Campus Crusade missionaries serving in Rhode Island. www.geoffandmichelle.com
- Rex & Jan Harmon - serving in Jamaica
- Dorothy Johnson - Campus Crusade missionary serving in France
- Jim & Patty Love - serving in England
- Arlyn & Marcy Nies - Awana missionaries serving in North Dakota
- Ricky & Jaime Ownes - missionaries to Wales
- Dick & Linda Redding - serving in Mexico
- J.A. & Pam Richards - serving in Wales
- John & Beabea Rogers - serving in Indiana
- Rocky & Ruth Schmied - serving in Wichita. www.web.me.com/rocklin
- Jeremy & Jodi Smith - building churches with CBM
- C.T.L. & Sharen Spear - serving in Florida. http://www.usachurchplanting.org
- Willis & Neusa Stitt - serving in Brazil
- Leandro & Julie Tarrataca - serving in Brazil
- Dr. Greg and Linda Waller - serving in Mexico
- Tony & Elizabeth Weedor - serving in Colorado
- Don & Lola Winans - serving in Australia
- Topeka Rescue Mission - www.trmonline.org
- Hospitals of Hope - http://www.hospitalsofhope.org
- Lighthouse - http://www.lighthousekc.org/
- KBUZ -www.afr.net
at 8:56 PM
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Will begin September 7th at 6:00 pm.
* Hermeneutics | facilitated by Pastor James Keller | Some people may read God's Word as a devotional, to derive inspiration for living. However, in so doing, they may overlook large sections of scripture never applying them to their lives deeming themselves unable to understand their content. God's Word must be understood before it can be applied to real live. God intended for us to understand the scriptures. He would never have given them to us, as He did protecting them from error had He not intended for us to understand them and apply them to our daily living.
* I & II Timothy | led by Jack West | Paul's letter to Timothy gives instruction on the organization of the church and the responsibilities of a teacher/pastor. We all should be teachers who are spreading the Gospel. I & II Timothy provides the tools for us to better understand how to be an effective teacher.
*Children of the Day - I & II Thessalonians | Beth Moore ladies' study led by Jeanne Keller. The New Testament believers carried the Spirit of God as they walked along the shores of Thessalonica, just as you carry that Light today.
at 10:34 AM