Contending for the Faith
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Easter Cantata “My Savior, My God”
Our choir, under the direction of Tyler Bridges, will be presenting a moving presentation of Christ’s Resurrection in the cantata called “My Savior, My God”. Its opening & closing presentation acknowledges our limited understanding of God’s love & work on our behalf, but our firm confidence and trust in our Savior.
It is true that God doesn’t tell us everything. If He did we would not be able to comprehend it anyway. He does, however, give us sufficient information that verifies logically the reality of His coming and the reality of His coming to life again, in the resurrection.
We invite you to join us this Sunday for an Easter Celebration of the resurrection of Christ that took place historically some 2000 plus years ago! We can have both joy & hope in the fact that He is alive and available to help us if we only will trust Him.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday at 8:30am as our youth lead our early service.
at 8:13 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Christianity is Historical
Doesn’t every religion or belief system come out of some kind of history? They do in the sense that all religions have a time of beginning. Some of them are figments of men's imagination.
Christ, the founder of those who were first called Christians in Antioch, was predicted centuries before He arrived! The prophecies that were told of Him were with such distinct, detailed accuracy that it would have been impossible for Christ to have fulfilled these predictions without being the God of the universe.
One of Christ's demonstrations, proving His deity, was when He raised Lazarus from the dead. This was only a foreshadow of His own resurrection. Those who were there were convinced that He was the Messiah, the coming King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
To what extent are we convinced? Because of who He is and the fact that He truly is alive, we will have to make a decision about Him as well!
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday,
at 9:03 AM
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Behold, The Lord is Coming!
The Christian life is made up of both positive & negative experiences. In light of the coming special sessions with Dick Redding, who will be addressing the events leading up to Christ’s return, Jude addresses how we ought to live just prior to the second coming of Christ.
While Jude wanted to write to us about our common or shared salvation experience, instead, it became necessary to write about the need to contend for the faith. While being challenged to stand-up for truth, we are also challenged to get our own house in order when it comes to living for the right priorities.
We are to both build ourselves up in the Word of God & keep ourselves within the sphere of God’s love, thereby evidencing that we are truly His. One of our core job descriptions has to do with placing an emphasis on reaching the lost. In a world that is head-over-heels moving towards destruction, are we on target with God’s call to us as we see the coming of Christ and the end of the world quickly approaching?
Bring your desire to learn and we’ll see you Sunday!
Monday, September 16, 2013
Bethel Baptist presents "Passion for Missions"
October 4, 5 and 6
Featuring Lloyd Spear and Hospitals of Hope
Special guest speaker Gracia Burnham
Sunday at 6:00 pm.
Sunday at 6:00 pm.
For more information please call 286.0467
Having a heart that is burdened for world evangelism is what God desires of every believer. The Bible states that because God loved the world He gave His only Son. Developing lives that invest in the world and taking the Gospel to the world is a vital ministry at Bethel. From the annual Faith Promise Missions Conference to the short-term mission trips by church members to help on mission fields, we are making investments that are impacting lives in world evangelism. Our desire is to support quality missionaries but also to send out those from our ministry who have been impacted and called by God.
Below is a list of missionaries supported by Bethel. We thank God for their willing and faithful hearts and urge everyone to pray for the work they are doing.
- Joel & Veronica Culberson - Awana missionaries serving in Kansas and Missouri. www.awanaksmo.org
- Howard & Marcia Davidson - serving in Scotland
- Geoff & Michelle Freeman - Campus Crusade missionaries serving in Rhode Island. www.geoffandmichelle.com
- Rex & Jan Harmon - serving in Jamaica
- Dorothy Johnson - Campus Crusade missionary serving in France
- Jim & Patty Love - serving in England
- Arlyn & Marcy Nies - Awana missionaries serving in North Dakota
- Ricky & Jaime Ownes - missionaries to Wales
- Dick & Linda Redding - serving in Mexico
- J.A. & Pam Richards - serving in Wales
- John & Beabea Rogers - serving in Indiana
- Rocky & Ruth Schmied - serving in Wichita. www.web.me.com/rocklin
- Jeremy & Jodi Smith - building churches with CBM
- C.T.L. & Sharen Spear - serving in Florida. http://www.usachurchplanting.org
- Willis & Neusa Stitt - serving in Brazil
- Leandro & Julie Tarrataca - serving in Brazil
- Dr. Greg and Linda Waller - serving in Mexico
- Tony & Elizabeth Weedor - serving in Colorado
- Don & Lola Winans - serving in Australia
- Topeka Rescue Mission - www.trmonline.org
- Hospitals of Hope - http://www.hospitalsofhope.org
- Lighthouse - http://www.lighthousekc.org/
- KBUZ -www.afr.net
at 8:56 PM